The Falcon Clinic is dedicated to helping those who have a strong desire and commitment to control their chemical dependency, whether it be alcohol or tobacco, or narcotics. For narcotics addiction specifically, we offer a one year tapering program utilizing various medications, including buprenorphine or Suboxone, in conjunction with regular counseling and a behavioral modification program based on the concepts of Psychocybernetics, as developed by Dr. Maxwell Maltz.
The Falcon Clinic does not offer a maintenance Suboxone program for narcotic addiction. We encourage anyone who feels they need such assistance, to please contact another provider. Physicians offering maintenance programs can be found on numerous Internet sites.
The following information is for those interested in our tapering program:
- Call for an appointment at 315-507-4751
- We will review our entire program and give the patient a folder with information
- Patients will not be given a prescription for any medications at the first , introductory, visit. Thus, if a patient is presently being prescribed medication from another provider, do not stop seeing that other physician. It is impossible for a patient to make an informed decision or truthful commitment to our program if they are on their last dose of medication or “will run out shortly”.
- The patient will have to be in active counseling before we will start someone on the Suboxone . We have the appropriate counseling services here.
- Benzodiazepines such as Valium, Ativan , Klonopin or Xanax cannot be used when a patient is being treated with Suboxone at our clinic. Patients using such medications will have to be tapered off them, by their provider, before being accepted into our program.